Dr Gyuchan Thomas Jun is Senior Lecturer (Associate Professor) at Loughborough Design School, Loughborough University, UK and a Chartered Ergonomist and Human Factors Specialist. He is a design educator/researcher/facilitator and an award-winning animation/film producer working in a broad field of human factors design, complex system/service design, design for behaviour change and system safety. His expertise is in integrating systems thinking, design thinking and resilience thinking into complex system/service design/development.
For more info, please visit his project website (systemsthinkinglab.com).
The best way to reach me is via email.
- Invited instructor, Oct 2020, Resilience Engineering in Healthcare, training for CLEAR fellows, (CLEAR: Clinically Led workforcE and Activity Redesign Programme), commissioned by Health Education England
- Invited instructor, Aug 2020, Systemic Accident Analysis – Bowtie and AcciMap (2 x 2hr online training), commissioned by the Special Investigation Commission on Humidity Disinfection & 4.16 Sewol Ferry Disaster, South Korea
- Invited instructor, March 2020, Introduction and tools for systems approach (causal loop diagram) for African Population and Health Research Center, Nairobi, Africa
- Invited keynote speaker, 19th Dec 2019, Improvement Science in Healthcare: Problems, Challenges and Future Directions, Annual conference organised by the Korean Society for Quality in Health Care (KosQua), BEXCO, Busan, South Korea (over 2,000 delegates)
- Invited speaker, 18th Dec 2019, Safety culture and leadership at Corporate Health & Safety committee meeting organised by the Korea Enterprise Federation (KEF), Asti Hotel, Pusan, South Korea
- Invited plenary speaker/panellist, 17th Dec 2019, talk and panel discussion (30min) on Systems Approach to Patient Safety at Symposium on Patient Safety Culture organised by Korea Institute for Healthcare Accreditation, Sheraton Hotel, Seoul, South Korea (over 200 delegates)
- Invited speaker, 22nd July 2019, public lecture (3hrs) and panel discussion on ‘Learning from Failure’ organised by the Special Investigation Commission on Humidity Disinfection & 4.16 Sewol Ferry Disaster, South Korea
- Invited speaker, 19th July 2019, ‘Human Factors Training in Healthcare’ organised by Korea Institute for Healthcare Accreditation, Seoul, South Korea
- Invited plenary speaker, 22-23 June 2019, Design for Better Care: Participatory Systems Approach at Human Factors Conference 2019 (HFC19), Manchester, UK
- Invited plenary speaker, 17th Dec 2018, workshop and talk hosted by Korea Society for Quality in Health Care and Resilience Safety Research Group, Seoul, South Korea
- Invited keynote speaker, 14th Dec 2018, Human Factors in Aviation Conference hosted by Korea Society of Human Factors in Aviation, Seoul, South Korea
- Invited plenary speaker, 1st Mar 2018, Midlands & East Regional Patient Safety Conference hosted by NHS England, Leicester
- Invited plenary speaker, 22-23 June 2017, talk (0.5hr) on Human Factors and System Design at Human Factors Conference 2017 (HFC17), Manchester, UK